Friday, January 06, 2006
Yea! 1 week of school has passed...finally. I'm so happy it's the weekends cos i finally can sleep in peace till 8.45am like what i did during the hols. Haha...There's nothing much to do so far except stone. I have an OG(orientation grp) outing tomorrow at the ice skating ring in Jurong East...Actually, i dun really wanna go and ice skate..but there's an option of going to play pool. So it's not so bad. I swear ice skating is off limits for me.
Hmm...njc is quite a nice place. Firstly, the people there are quite nice, we have a good mix of students from rv, nygh, scgs, chs, gan eng seng, fu hua, nan hua, commonwealth ect. Scondly, the seniors like our ogls are also very nice to us.
For this week, we mainly attended lectures and talks on the various subject sand matters. Lectures were quite interesting, esp physics. Cos the physics lecturer is corny. Haha. The first day was badly organised. Many clashes occurred. Like selection tests clashed together, so did lectures for various subjects. I only went for KI test...had to miss out the chi lit one. Anyway, i didn't get into KI and i dun think I'll even get into ch lit. So not much loss lah. I didn't really like the food at the canteen. Maybe cos I'm not used to it. However, there is more variety to the food. Which is GOOD :) Furthermore, there are too few toilets....maybe nj should consider building more toilets.
We had a whole day of dance today. We danced to this song called 'Upside down', which is fast and i couldn't really catch up. I wanted to change partners...cos my partner doesn't seem interested in partnering me. He wanted to partner someone from his IP3 group. Well, it's quite awkward dancing with a guy cos I've never done it before. And you have to look at him, which makes it worse. Sigh. It was quite torturous. But i like dance, so still considering joining western dance like hip hop.
In the afternoon, I went back to scgs. Really miss guides and the toilets. So clean and spacious. Sat in guides interview with a new guider called ms ng. Well, she found out i was the ex QM and she said the guide room was in a mess with all the stuff not sorted out...Sigh...made me feel quite guilty lah. Ok, next time if i m ever QM, must clean the room better. Quite scary to sit through an interview. Some sec 1s were really cute...however, i think they got quite scared during the interview. Hmm... now i roughly know who to carry yourself during an interview. It is really nice to joke with the teachers and chit chat with them. Miss my juniors though. Erms, i also met Ms leong and Mr Jeow... was telling Mr jeow how scared i am abt taking A level physics and also that the physics lecturers in NJ are good. Don't know, maybe try physics first then if i can't take it, then I'll switch. Next, met miss leong when i was going home. It was good to catch up with her. I was telling her abt the mock geog lecture whereby the nj geog teachers were so shocked at the no of pple who turned up until they hoped that fewer ppl will take geog cos there are only two of them teaching JC 1 geog.
Official orientation starts next week. Can't wait for the fun... Will write more next week.
{/1/06/2006 08:23:00 pm}
sweet sensation XD