Friday, February 17, 2006
Hey, today was NJC ROAD RUN!!! The most dreaded event of my life...hehe. Seriously, this is my first ever cross country event. Never in my 10 years in SCGS have I ever been forced to run more than 2.4km. And today i ran 3.2 km. Road run is something students cannot 'pontent' because you will end up with very serious consequences like Corrective Work Order, which can be really a nasty little thing. CWO includes doing homework, written work to be concise, like writing essays, poems ect ect. Nice isin't it ?
Anyway, today's run wasn't so bad. Probably cos I've been like training for the past few days in school. So running the 3.2 didn't seem so taxing after all. I just imagined some 'shuai' guy standing at the finish line waiting for me and another female competitor or 'rival in love' at the back of me. So it really helped to speed me up. Haha, I know this is a stupid way of encouraging myself. But well, it worked and so I have nothing to say. I thought I lost the class halfway, cos I couldn't see them in front or at the back. I didn't really get to enjoy the scenery, instead I concentrated on climbing hills and slopes and all sorts of geographical features you can find around the NJC estate. Hmm, the best part was drinks we got at the end!!! Ok i know it was just orange cordial placed in Mcdonald's cups. But well, at least it was free and cold. Hehe...after finishing the run, Theresa, Yajie and I decided to cheer for the guys esp Justin and Tuck. Cos we have faith (haha, so wei da) that they can come in as one of the top few !!!
[Special MENTION: Congrats to tuck who came in 3rd in JC1 guys category and Justin who got 30th placing...and also to Corrine who got 7th placing in JC1 gurls category.]
I think the three of us were quite xiao when we were cheering. Cos I saw tuck's expression,it was like shock....amusing. But some guys really sped up, dunno whether is it because of embarressment or because of encouragement. ANyway, good job ppl, we did it !!! WE completed 3.2 km, a feat i think i could not have done so without all of your encouragement! Ok after the run was house cheers...I think terra was quite soft. We didn't really prepare anything, so i was suprised that we got 3rd placing.
After that, we went for class outing. Um, first time eating at Seoul Garden. The food wasn't very nice but the company was. Haha, initially the guys wanted to sit together but the girls sure didn't let them get their way. In the end, some ppl had to shift around so that guys and gurls can mix. My table was made up of Yajie, Theresa, Wen Ying and I. The bad thing was we all couldn't cook. Bad cooking skills. The only girl who is able to cook well is janice, and she sure did a good job cos Wilson and Swenny ate all the food that she cooked. Haha, like the saying goes, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Hm, I shall learn how to cook but maybe when I am going to get married. I drank like 3 cups of drinks frm SG. Ate quite a bit of ice cream and crapped alot during lunch. The food at SG wasn't so good and each of us paid like 12.70 for it. Sigh...I'm broke now lah. Anyway, tried this staring game on Charlie and it was really funny cos charlie keeps reacting so fast that it wasn't fun anymore. Tried it on justin too, but couldn't get his attention. Daniel was the blurrest, cos when the 4 gurls in front of him tried to stare at him, he just kept looking down.. Haha. After lunch, we went to cathay to slack. All we did was to hang around at arcade for a while...watching theresa dance those sleek dances, then I left to go shopping and then go home before mum comes home and finds me missing. Quite a fruitful shopping trip, cos i bought 1 shirt frm e-base and Gong Shi Jia's cd.
{/2/17/2006 10:56:00 pm}
sweet sensation XD