Monday, May 01, 2006
Saturday was SCGS's choir concert at Victoria Concert Hall. As an old girl, I decided to go back and support the choir as well as 3 of my friends who are performing as choir alumni members.
Initially I was excited about the concert...because it meant seeing you juniors, friends and teachers. Seeing the teachers and hearing Ms Heng speak once again was something I really looked forward to.
I saw many girls in white boleros selling programmes outside as well as inside VCH. Being swept into the concert hall by the crowd, I didn't manage to buy a programme. However, suprisingly, I bought NJC's aristal dance programme booklet and not SC's programme booklet despite it being cheaper than NJ. Quite regretted not buying the programme.
Somehow I didn't feel right when I entered VCH. Seeing all the familiar and unfamiliar faces made me feel lost and small. Though my mum was with me, I felt out of place. Out of place in SCGS, my second home for 10 years. I didn't know a lot of people, yet I knew a lot of people at the same time. Ironic. I knew their faces but not them. There was no sense of attachment or happiness when I saw my friends. I lost that feeling in 4 months. Was I becoming too cold and cynical to feel anything? 'Always be together as friends' is a line from one of the songs 'To live to love' sung by the SC choir, but how come I don't feel it then? When will I ever see the meaning of this phrase? Will it ever happen? Do friendships last? Is there anything on earth that will last forever...maybe only a lifetime. A lifetime is different from forever..different from eternity.
I reflect. Did I make any good friends in SCGS? The people I really missed were the teachers, Ms heng and, perhaps the familiar buildings and corridors of SCGS. Maybe only Theodora and Jamie and Kia Hui were my closest friends. Were our classes too big to form good friendships, or maybe it is only my class? or only me? I see my friends in NJ speaking so excitedly about their sec school friends, esp the boys. Is it because boys are different from girls? Excuses, excuses. Maybe I'm just finding excuses.
Met Mr Teh. I was really happy to see him. Hmm, that reminds me. I haven't been emailing him lately. Mummy says he seems to have aged. haha..hope he does not read this. :) I didn't really get to talk to Ms Tan. I guess she was busy with the guides.
I miss listening to Ms heng's speech. I miss hearing her voice with the accent of good english. I miss hearing her scolding us in the morning, asking the sec 4 girls to sing the school song louder. haha. I miss singing the school song.
The performance was good. Especially the musical, the Abba, Supremes and Beatles as well as the alumni performance. The musical really fitted the atmosphere of VCH. That's because the musical was set in the 1960s. It was really vintage and ancient...like VCH. Btw, the chairs in VCH creaked a lot the whole night.
Concerts aside, I'm really tired. Tired of rushing all my homework. Tired of doing GPP and PIs. Tired of hearing about the General Elections day after day. Everyday I open the papers...all I see is 'GE 2006' and i really get irritated and read the Life section. Some holiday. Wish 6 may comes and so we get the GE over and done with.
{/5/01/2006 06:06:00 pm}
sweet sensation XD